Current Press Releases
Listing of Available Community Wi-Fi Hotspots:
- Diamond Lake: Near Bushels Bakery & the Diamond Lake Boat Launch, Green Rd & Hwy 2.
- Newport: TJ Kelly Park across from the Post Office, 100 N. Washington.
- Newport: Newport City Park, 1st St & Calispel Ave.
- Usk*: At the Crossroads where Hwy 20 meets Hwy 211, 421341 Hwy 20.
- Cusick: At the Park near City Hall, 1st Ave & Monumental Way.
- Tiger*: At the Tiger Historical Center, corner of Hwy 20 & Hwy 31.
- Ione: Across from the PUD Warehouse, corner of Central & Millyard Rd.
- Metaline: Between the Mini Mart & Visitor’s Center, 116 Hwy 31.
- Metaline Falls: Outside the Cutter Theater, 302 Park St.
*Please note: The Tiger and Usk Hotspots were installed in collaboration with NoaNet & the WA State Broadband Office and are under WiFi Name: HomeworkHub. All other Hotspots listed above were installed by the PUD and are under WiFi Name: POPUD_FREE WIFI.
Newport School District Hotspots:
- Sacheen Lake Station on Hwy 211 (6131 Hwy 211)
- Fertile Valley Station (11 Jermain Rd)
- Camden Station (4193 Allen Rd)
- South Pend Oreille Station 4 (433171 Hwy 20)
- Dalkena Station (11 Dalkena St)
- Always accessible is the school district WiFi at the schools, including the Pend Oreille River School located at 110 W. Pine St, behind Safeway.
Pictures of the PUD Hotspots:
There is currently no media available.