Position Opens: 2019-09-17
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County is currently seeking an Engineering Manager. This position is responsible for managing all functions of the Engineering department consistent with the policies, procedures, practices, rules/regulations and philosophies as specified by the District’s Commissioners and General Manager.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of experience in the electric utility industry.
- Interpersonal skills including clear and concise communication both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information.
- Basic knowledge of applicable NESC, OSHA, and WISHA regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of SCADA, PLC, and RTU systems. Experience with communication protocols and network systems associated with the same.
- Knowledge of low, medium, and high voltage electrical equipment and systems.
- Experience with a variety of computer equipment, spreadsheet, word processor, CAD, database and project management software.
- Working knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, NESC, NEC, WAC and other applicable standards.
- Proven abilities in project management and quality oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and outside agencies; use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information. Is meticulous and detail oriented.
- A Professional Electrical Engineering License is desired, by not required.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application, including a cover letter, and resume. If preferred, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or, mailed to P.O. Box 190, Newport WA 99156 Attn: Human Resources.
Online Job Description - Engineering Manager
Online Application - Engineering Manager
The position is open until filled.
Starting salary is DOQ, with an excellent benefits package.
The Public Utility District of Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.