Position Opens: 2020-01-22
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County is seeking a Finance Manager. This position is responsible for the District’s financial statements and supporting ledgers, including but not limited to the general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable as well as accumulating financial information and providing analysis to District staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required
- 5 year’s progressive experience in finance, accounting and/or auditing
- Management experience and electric utility experience are desired, public accounting auditor experience is highly desired
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- Interpersonal skills including clear and concise communication both in writing and verbally
- Ability to use independent and discretionary judgment; manage confidential information
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices; budgeting and forecasting; cash management and financial techniques; Local, State and Federal laws and regulations impacting areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to direct/oversee departmental functions; prepare and monitor complex budgets and financial models using applicable software tools; implement and oversee treasury and cash management functions; communicate and work effectively with co-workers, external consultants/contacts and the public; use independent and discretionary judgment
- Ability to ensure implementation of sound fiscal policy and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
How to Apply
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.popud.org. Please complete the online application, including a cover letter, and resume. If preferred, application materials may be emailed to email@example.com; or, mailed to P.O. Box 190, Newport WA 99156 Attn: Human Resources.
Online Job Description - Finance Manager
Online Application - Finance Manager
The position is open until filled.
Starting salary is DOQ, with an excellent benefits package.
The Public Utility District of Pend Oreille County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.