Are you struggling to make ends meet? Help is available.
We know a growing number of our customers are struggling to make ends meet. We are here for you and we want to work with all of our customers facing financial hardship. If you find yourself unable to pay your bill, please give us a call at 509-447-3137. We’ll listen to each unique situation and work to identify ways to ease the burden.
There are multiple forms of assistance available and we want to remind you that although we are not performing disconnections for non-payment during this crisis, customers are still obligated to pay for utility services. We want to hear from you so we can understand your situation. We stand committed to delivering the services you depend on and are just a phone call away.
CARES ACT GRANT APPLICATION - CLICK HERE!!!
~CARES ACT FUNDING AVAILABLE~ APPLY TODAY!
Help is available to residential electric customers with past due accounts. Residential electric customers who have suffered a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19 are urged to HURRY and apply for the CARES ACT funding the PUD recently received through Pend Oreille County. The deadline to apply is November 29, 2020.
Not sure if you qualify? Download the application here: CARES Act Grant Application or call one of our Customer Service Representatives to inquire at 509-447-3137. Call now as our office will be closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving.
If you need a hard-copy application, pick one up ASAP in Newport at the drive-through or at the drop-box after Wednesday. For North-end customers requiring a hard-copy, pick one up at the Box Canyon Visitor’s Center Kiosk area.
All applications must be received THIS SUNDAY, November 29th.
**GRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO FUNDING AVAILABILITY, AND MADE ON A FIRST‐COME, FIRST‐SERVED BASIS**
Submit completed applications by using one of the following methods:
- Email to email@example.com by 11/29.
- Deliver via the Newport drive-through window by 5pm 11/25 (drive-through hours this week are Mon-Wed 8am-5pm).
- Drop it in the Newport drive-up drop box (located just before the drive-through window) by 11/29.
- Drop it off at the Box Canyon Visitor’s Center by slipping the application under the double doors by 11/29.
A HUGE thanks to Pend Oreille County for allowing us to be the sub-recipient of this CARES ACT Funding!!!!
Energy Assistance Options:
- To see if you qualify for a Neighbors in Need (NIN) grant please contact the PUD’s Customer Service Team at 509-447-3137.
- To see if you qualify for a grant through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), visit Rural Resources at www.ruralresources.org.
- COVID-19 disaster/emergency cash assistance may be available to you through our COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program, please call our Customer Service Team to find out more or see below for more details about the program.
- Funding may be available through DSHS for disaster cash assistance, visit www.dshs.wa.gov.
For those experiencing economic hardship due to layoff, job loss, business closure, etc., as a result of COVID-19, funding may be available to you through our COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program. This Program is in accordance with Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-23.5 with a posting date of July 2, 2020 and was reviewed and authorized for public display by Pend Oreille PUD's Board of Commissioners. Resolution No. 1436 Adopting the COVID-19 Emergency Energy Assistance Program.
Important Contact Information for Energy Assistance Programs:
Are you looking to help your community?
Operation Round Up
Operation Round Up for Neighbors in Need provides emergency energy assistance grants to households in our county. The grants go to individuals and families to help them get back on their feet again following unexpected emergencies or hardships.
Helping families keep warm is Operation Round Up for Neighbors in Need’s primary goal.
Donations are forwarded to Rural Resources for distribution to those who qualify. Your financial gift is tax deductible, and you will be sent a summary of your yearly contributions on the January and February statements.
- Round Up
- If selected, each month, PUD “rounds up” the electric bills of participating customers to the next highest dollar. For example, a consumer’s monthly bill of $52.73 would be automatically rounded up to $53.00, with the additional 27 cents going to the Operation Round Up for Neighbors in Need fund.
Through participation in Operation Round Up, the average contribution per customer is approximately fifty cents ($.50) a month, or six dollars ($6) per year.
- If you wish to contribute the same amount every month, pledging is the way to go. We will include your pledge on your monthly PUD statement, simply just let us know the amount you wish to include.
- Add to your bill
- You can help by adding a donation to your monthly energy bill. You can make a one-time donation when you pay your bill—or any other time throughout the year. Give as many times as you like; you choose when and how much.
- Other ways
Budget Payment Plan
No more seasonal surprises! The PUD Budget Plan lets you pay the same amount every month, all year. Payments are based on an average of your previous year’s usage. Call for information.
Winter Low-Income Payment Program
Please call Customer Service at (509) 447-3137 to inquire about this program during the winter months between November 15 and March 16.