The PUD offers incentives to current residential electric customers under the following programs: smart thermostats, ductless heat pumps and clothes washers. Follow the guidelines indicated below for each program to qualify.
To qualify for incentives, customer must have an active residential electric account with the PUD. Limit 1 rebate per customer per program.
***NEW*** Smart Thermostats - $100 REBATE
We now offer a $100.00 rebate incentive on the following Smart Thermostats (must meet program guidelines outlined in Rebate Application):
- ecobee - ecobee 3, ecobee 4, ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice Control (or ecobee 5) Note: ecobee Lite does not qualify.
- Nest - Nest Learning Thermostat / 3rd Generation, Nest Thermostat, Nest E
- Carrier - Cor - TP-WEM01-A
- Bryant - T6-WEM01-A
Visit BPA's Residential Advanced Smart Thermostat Qualified Products List to make sure your new smart thermostat qualifies for an incentive.
Documentation Needed & Process Steps
- View and complete the Smart Thermostat Rebate Application Form.
- Submit the application along with your invoice or receipt showing manufacturer, model number, purchase date and price.
- The $100 rebate incentive amount will be applied in the form of a credit to your PUD account once approved (incentive amount may not exceed the cost of the product).
- The PUD may perform a site inspection to verify the installed thermostat meets requirements before issuing a rebate.
For more information on what a smart thermostat can do for you, visit this link: Smart Thermostat Information.
Ductless Heat Pumps
The PUD offers an up to $800.00 rebate for customers who upgrade to a qualified Ductless Heat Pump system. For more information about qualified systems visit the Comfort Ready Home website – Comfort Ready Home
- System must be installed by a certified installer listed on the Comfort Ready Home's qualified contractor list - Installer List - Comfort Ready Home
- System must be completely installed and paid in full before rebate will be processed.
- The PUD may perform a site inspection to verify that all installation requirements have been met before issuing a rebate.
- Ductless Heat Pump Project Installation Form
**The installer is responsible for completing and submitting these forms along with a copy of any invoices to Communications@popud.org.
The PUD offers a $30.00 rebate for customers who upgrade to an ENERGY STAR clothes washer.
- Must be ENERGY STAR certified
- Clothes Washers have to be fueled by an electric water heater.
- Top loaders must have a minimum IMEF of 2.38+.
- The PUD may perform a site inspection to verify this appliance meets these requirements before issuing a rebate.
- Clothes Washer Rebate Form
- A copy of the ENERGY STAR product information insert that includes the ENERGY STAR logo, manufacturer, size, model number and type of equipment installed.
- Proof of purchase documentation that includes date of purchase.